Pages

Sunday 26 February 2017

Beach Day

What a wonderful day we had at Frankley School's annual Beach Day. We were so lucky with the weather, although the sun wasn't it's brightest, the expected rain also stayed away. It was a wonderful day to spend time building our relationships and exploring the beach together.



  





In the morning, we constructed sand castles, jumped on sand piles and some of us even turned Lawrie into a mermaid. We then had a wonderful lunch together under the pohutakawa trees. In the afternoon we were able to go for a swim. We paddled and splashed in the waves and even Mrs James got really wet!




Thank you to all the parents, grandparents and whanau that were able to support our day.

Here are what some of the students said about their special day: 

"I had fun in the big waves and I loved being a mermaid in the sand," by Lawrie.

"I liked going in the water and I went under," by Aayla.

"I was jumping in the big humongous waves. A wave pulled me into the water and I got a fright," by William.

"I liked rolling on the sand in the shallow waves," by Charley.

1 comment:

  1. hey alba i see you are in one of the photos at the beach picnic you guys are doing lots of team work. the beach picnic was so much fun wasn't it. from amayah

    ReplyDelete